SAVE THE DATE: NEXT WAVES & WHALES SCHEDULED FOR MAY 9, 2020!
The annual Waves & Whales Trail Run and Hike will be held on the Point Arena-Stornetta Lands in Point Arena on the Mendocino Coast. We invite you to join us for this community event that celebrates this beautiful piece of the coast and supports our education programs. Follow our Facebook page for event announcements.
- Race begins at 10:00 am.
- Hikers and dogs welcome. Dogs must be on leash.
- Participants receive cotton t-shirt and snacks. Register early ensure a t-shirt in your size (t-shirt size guaranteed if registered by April 15, 2020; featuring original artwork by Eric Wilder for 2020).
- Day-of registration available on-site beginning at 8:30 am.
- Age categories and hand-made 1st place awards by Point Arena Tileworks.
- Awards ceremony begins at 11:00.
- We are working on adding a 10K loop in 2020! You can still register today and change your distance later.
2020 FEE SCHEDULE (register early and save!):
- September– January 31: $15, Ages 16+. $10, Ages 5-15.
- February 1 – February 29: $20, Ages 16+. $10, Ages 5-15.
- March 1 – April 30: $25, Ages 16+. $15, Ages 5-15.
- May 1 – May 9: $30, Ages 16+. $15, Ages 5-15.
Timing results from the 2019 Waves & Whales are posted here. Enjoy the slide show below with 2019 highlights.
Proceeds from the Waves & Whales Trail Run will support ACORN’s environmental stewardship program, Students Protecting the Coast, which engages youth in hands‐on learning with a focus on conservation and community outreach. Students Protecting the Coast began during the 2012‐13 school year as part of the local and national campaign to include the Point Arena‐Stornetta Lands in the California Coastal National Monument. Students continue to learn about our coastal landscape and are empowered to use their voice by sharing what they’ve learned with the community.
ACORN is committed to hosting a sustainable event that honors the natural landscape and educates the larger community. The Waves & Whales Trail Run promises to be a worthwhile coastal excursion—runners can expect a rejuvenating run surrounded by natural beauty and the knowledge that they are supporting the continued stewardship of this land by, and for, the next generation.
THANK YOU TO OUR CURRENT 2020 SPONSORS!
Interested in becoming a sponsor? We would love your help! Visit our sponsor page for more details.