The 3rd annual Waves & Whales 5K Trail Run‐Walk will be held on Saturday, May 12, 2018 on the Mendocino Coast in Point Arena. Taking full advantage of the location, the run will take place on the Point Arena-Stornetta Unit of the California Coastal National Monument. The course will begin behind City Hall in the conifer forest off Highway 1, making its way to the coast where it will follow the bluffs, until winding back into the pine and cypress forest.
- Fee Schedule (register early and save!)
- November – January 31: $10, Ages 5-15. $15, Ages 16+.
- February 1 – February 28: $10, Ages 5-15. $20, Ages 16+.
- March 1 – April 30: $15, Ages 5-15. $25, Ages 16+.
- May 1 – May 12: $15, Ages 5-15. $30, Ages 16+.
- Race begins at 10:00 am.
- Walkers and dogs welcome.
- Participants receive snacks and t‐shirt with original artwork by local artist Erin Kirchner. (Register early to ensure a t-shirt in your size.)
- Age categories and awards. (Hand-made award medallions from Point Arena Tileworks.)
- Day-of registration available on-site beginning at 8:30 a.m.
- Download a registration form to complete and mail -OR- register online.
Proceeds from the Waves & Whales Trail Run will support ACORN’s environmental stewardship program, Students Protecting the Coast, which engages youth in hands‐on learning with a focus on conservation and community outreach. Students Protecting the Coast began during the 2012‐13 school year as part of the local and national campaign to include the Point Arena‐Stornetta Lands in the California Coastal National Monument. Students continue to learn about our coastal landscape and are empowered to use their voice by sharing what they’ve learned with the community.
ACORN is committed to hosting a sustainable event that honors the natural landscape and educates the larger community. The Waves & Whales Trail Run promises to be a worthwhile coastal excursion—runners can expect a rejuvenating run surrounded by natural beauty and the knowledge that they are supporting the continued stewardship of this land by, and for, the next generation.
Congratulations to all of the 2017 winners and thank you to all who participated! Below is a slide show with some highlights from the 2017 Waves & Whales 5K.
THANK YOU TO OUR CURRENT SPONSORS!
215 Main – B. Bryan Preserve – Garcia River Casino – Little Green Bean – Lisa’s Luscious Kitchen – Office Source – Outback Garden & Feed – Point Arena Lighthouse – Red Stella – Roots Herbal Apothecary – Surf Super Market – The Zen House – Wharf Master’s Inn – Wildflower Motel – Windy Hollow Farm
Interested in sponsoring the 2018 run? We would love your help! Visit our sponsor page for more details.