The annual Waves & Whales 5K Trail Run and Hike was held on Saturday, May 11, 2019 on the Point Arena-Stornetta Lands in Point Arena. We invite you to join us for this community event that celebrates this beautiful piece of the coast and supports our education programs. Follow our Facebook page for event announcements and future dates. Check here for the 2019 Timing Results.
- Race begins at 10:00 am.
- Hikers and dogs welcome. Dogs must be on leash.
- Participants receive cotton t-shirt and snacks. Register early ensure a t-shirt in your size (t-shirt size guaranteed if registered by April 15, 2019).
- Day-of registration available on-site beginning at 8:30 am.
- Age categories and hand-made 1st place awards by Point Arena Tileworks.
- Awards ceremony begins at 11:00.
2019 FEE SCHEDULE (register early and save!):
- September– January 31: $15, Ages 16+. $10, Ages 5-15.
- February 1 – February 28: $20, Ages 16+. $10, Ages 5-15.
- March 1 – April 30: $25, Ages 16+. $15, Ages 5-15.
- May 1 – May 11: $30, Ages 16+. $15, Ages 5-15.
THANK YOU to everyone who helped make our 2019 Waves & Whales 5K a successful day! Timing results are posted here. Enjoy the slide show below with 2019 highlights.
Proceeds from the Waves & Whales Trail Run will support ACORN’s environmental stewardship program, Students Protecting the Coast, which engages youth in hands‐on learning with a focus on conservation and community outreach. Students Protecting the Coast began during the 2012‐13 school year as part of the local and national campaign to include the Point Arena‐Stornetta Lands in the California Coastal National Monument. Students continue to learn about our coastal landscape and are empowered to use their voice by sharing what they’ve learned with the community.
ACORN is committed to hosting a sustainable event that honors the natural landscape and educates the larger community. The Waves & Whales Trail Run promises to be a worthwhile coastal excursion—runners can expect a rejuvenating run surrounded by natural beauty and the knowledge that they are supporting the continued stewardship of this land by, and for, the next generation.
THANK YOU TO OUR 2019 SPONSORS!
Alder Creek Ranch – Anabel’s Boutique – Arena Market & Cafe – Arena Pharmacy – B. Bryan Preserve – Conservation Lands Foundation – Cove Coffee – Empire Contracting, Inc. – Franny’s Cup & Saucer – Garcia River Casino – JRs Home & Auto Center – Little Green Bean Coffee Roastery – Lisa’s Luscious Kitchen – Office Source – Outback Garden – Oz Farm – Pazzo Marco Creamery – Point Arena Lighthouse – Roots Herbal Apothecary – Sophia Mitchell & Associates – Surf Market – Tavern on Main – Wavelength Farm – Wildflower Motel – YogiScouts – The Zen House
Interested in becoming a sponsor? We would love your help! Visit our sponsor page for more details.